Blog Assignment 2: "What I Hear"
Whenever I need to release some stress or just get my mind off of things, I go for a walk. Recently I have been dorming and by my dorm is the East River. I usually walk along the boardwalk and absorb what is going on around me. I take it all in. I try not to focus on the things that are bothering me or things that are taking up space in my mind. I try to just breathe, look at the beauty of nature around me, and listen. I sit down on one of the benches and admire the sunset. I begin to think about all the things that I am grateful for; I am grateful for everything I have in my life, the people that are there for me, and how blessed I am to even have a life. I then close my eyes and listen to my surroundings. I hear the breeze and the cold air as we transition into Fall. I hear the people breathing heavily as they are running. I hear the ferry arriving to the waterfront as we get closer to 7pm. I hear the waves hitting the boardwalk and it is so peaceful to me. Next to me I hear people talking about their family and how rude their uncle is. On the other side I hear a couple appreciating the love they have for each other. Right behind me I hear cars passing by and rushing to get home, especially since it’s rush hour. I can hear their speed and desperation to get somewhere. I hear the police cars and ambulances passing by, even though they are loud I feel at ease. For some reason having all of these noises around me all at once do not bother me because I appreciate each and every one of them. These sounds calm me down because they block me from thinking about everything else in my life that is causing discomfort. I am at peace.
Comments
Post a Comment